Thursday, May 31, 2007

Frankfurt airport

Who knew that Erstellen was Posting in German? The whole blog page is in German, damnit, and the keyboard is scrambled.

At Gate B12, plastic trays hold remnants of pre-boarding snacks--plastic cups rimmed with beer foam, mustard smears on real plates. It´s 1 pm here on May 31. At home it´s around 5 am, I think. It was 58 degrees when I let SFO and when I landed here it was 57 degrees. I kill time reading the International Herald Tribune and sampling skin care products at the Duty Free.

At SFO my pack weighed in at a bouncing 18 pounds, 8 ounces. Want to pare down but what is inessential?

I´m so tired I don´t know what nationality I am. On to Bilbao in about an hour.

3 comments:

braised shortribs said...

have a great walk

Mima said...

I love your picture with your "In Transit" posting. Hope your trip is easier than his/hers.

Anonymous said...

If you find that you are carrying stuff you don't need, post it forward to Santiago and pick it up when you get there, makes walking more fun - see the details on my site and best of luck and have some fun.