Thursday, May 17, 2007

Strange news from another star

Phone conversation between my older brother and me two weeks before I leave to walk the Camino:

Bro: Remember that woman I told you I sometimes see?

Me: The, uh, healer?

Bro: The “energy worker,” yeah.
(I can hear quotes around the term. Because although he respects this woman and thinks she’s helped him, he can’t say things like Energy Worker or Healer with a straight face. I’m the same.)

Me. Yeah, I remember.

Bro: Well, I saw her this morning. Your name came up. I told her about your trip, and she was very interested. In fact, she said she thought she needed to see you.

Me: Really?

Bro: She thinks you might have issues you need to resolve before you go.

Me:

Bro: Is that weird?

Me: A little. But it’s intriguing, too.

Even though it sounded a little like a high-level chain letter threat (Send this letter to six people or your karma will suffer), and on second thought how could she know about my issues, resolved or un, unless my brother had been spilling my private beans, even so, I called her. The Energy Worker. The Healer. Left a message. More to follow if I hear back from that world.

(The photo above is of the spiral galaxy called the Milky Way. The Camino de Santiago is sometimes called the Milky Way, because pilgrims navigated by that cluster of heavenly bodies. Luis Buñuel's film about Camino pilgrims past and present (mentioned by a commenter on this blog) is called La Via Lactea, or The Milky Way.)

No comments: